"Faith is the Force of Life." ---Leo Tolstoy
Pastoral care at Conway Regional is available for patients, employees and visitors who are experiencing times of personal crisis. While not intended to replace a trusted pastor or minister, it is the mission of the Chaplaincy Services Department to provide emotional and spiritual care to those who are in need. Services are provided regardless of religion and spiritual belief.
How to Determine if a Chaplain Would Be of Help
Chaplains are available to help patients and families with:
- Palliative/Hospice care issues
- Diagnosis of loss of life
- Loneliness and depression
- Patient religious rites and services
- Patients who show signs of anxiety or emotional distress
- Patient concerns about death or the quality and meaning of life
- Patients who just need to talk to someone
- When patients and families are concerned about ethical, religious decisions, do not resuscitate orders, withdrawal of life support, advance directives and refusal of treatment for religious reasons
- Patients with spiritual concerns who are not identified as religious
Located directly across from the Chapel on the first floor of the medical center, our chaplain can be contacted at a (501) 513-5632 or via cell phone at (501) 428-8833, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. For pastoral care after hours and weekends, dial 0 for the hospital operator.
Seeking Volunteers: Conway Regional is also developing a chaplaincy training program for lay people and ordained clergy who want to make a difference in a patient's life. Call (501) 428-8833 for details.